JEE Mains Dress Code 2024-Know All About It
The JEE is hardly a few days away, and if you are one of the many takers, you are surely well-prepared by now. However, along with being well-prepared, it is equally important to be aware of the guidelines released by the NTA, especially when it comes to the dress code. To make it easy for you, here is the JEE Mains dress code 2024 that you must strictly adhere to.
JEE Mains dress code for males
- Metallic elements are strictly forbidden in clothing for male candidates. So, do ensure that you stay away from clothes that have these as wallets, belts, and any other metallic elements that will be a problem during frisking.
- Also, avoid making a fashion statement with fancy finger rings, bracelets, and sunglasses, as they are not permitted.
- Stay away from ties, jackets, caps, mufflers, hoodies, or covering your head with anything.
- Opt for simple shirts with half sleeves for ease of writing the paper, or wear T-shirts. Avoid clothes with drapes, graphic t-shirts, and cargos.
- If you choose to wear shoes, be ready for a prolonged and more thorough check. So, go for simple footwear such as sandals or slippers, and stay away from decorative shoes, heels, boots, or shoes with thick soles.
- Avoid any kind of jewellery or ornaments, as this is strictly prohibited.
JEE Mains dress code for females
- It is best to wear comfortable clothing as per the season’s requirements and something which is light, breathable and comfortable. So, opt for a simple t-shirt and jeans, kurta/kurti, leggings, cotton, and khadi fabrics.
- Clothes with metallic items are strictly prohibited, and it is best to avoid belts, underwired bras, and other such items as well.
- Also, avoid wearing clothes with frills, layers, drapes, long sleeves, or anything with too many pockets.
- Stay away from stoles, scarves, dupattas, shawls, hoodies, sweatshirts, jackets, clothes with buttons and badges, and anything that makes a style statement.
- Avoid finger rings, sunglasses, jewellery, ornaments, bracelets, and other such accessories.
- Keep the footwear simple and avoid elaborate shoes. Instead, go for simple sandals or slippers.
- Avoid complex and elaborate hairstyles such as a bun or a beehive, as the frisking process will take longer.
Basically, both females and males must remember that they are taking an exam and not going to a party or celebration. Hence, it is best to dress in a simple manner as it also helps stay away from unwanted attention to themselves. It also helps maintain decorum in the exam hall and outside it. Plus, simple and comfortable clothing will only help you focus on the exam more than anything else. Therefore, keep it simple and do your best.